5 Things You Did Not Know About Your HVAC Systems
HVAC is an acronym for Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Systems. They are commonly referred to as Air-Conditioners.
Investing in good Air Conditioning systems is one of the essential elements of a functioning workplace facility, but how do you manage them to work optimally.
Here are 5 things to know about your air conditioning systems.
1. Controlling temperature: Air conditioners are used to control ambient room temperature. Controlling ambient room temperature serves different purposes: Provide comfort cooling. Preserve process cooling (Manufacturing and production). Preserve natural items. Preserve pharmaceutical products and other temperature-sensitive material by operating at precise environmental temperatures.
2. Providing ventilation: In open or sealed (pneumatic environments), air conditioners provide ventilation to cancel out stale air. This provides freshness and reduces mold and other fungal spores from generating in the environment.
3. Humidification and Dehumidification: Air Conditioning Systems also serve to increase or reduce the amount of moisture in the air. Increased moisture can help to balance extremely dry air, or where moisture is needed for a specific production process. This applies inversely to dehumidification.
4. Providing filtration: Yes. Definitely. As humans, we shed hair and skin cells. Add microbes, dust, pollen, and other materials to the environment, add air pollution especially in industrial, residential and metropolitan areas, add global warming and raised temperatures…….you really should look at your air conditioning system with new-fangled appreciation.
5. Indoor Air Quality. Air Conditioning Systems help to enhance air quality by enriching the environment with oxygen. Conversely, they can be used for reducing oxygen levels, in oxygen-rich environments. This also serves as a deterrent for fire outbreaks.
You might be thinking, these things are nice to know, but how does that really help me?
Voila- understanding these basic functions helps you maintain your air-conditioning systems better. It is recommended that you clean your air-conditioning filters once a month. The cleaner, your air-conditioning system is, the more efficient it runs.
This results in lower power consumption, and longer lifespan of the AC unit.
Drop your comments below, what other things would you love to know about your HVAC system.