For simplicity- Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Systems are referred to as Air-Conditioners in this article
Yay! Air Conditioner! This place feels so cool. Aw. Pure Heaven! Everyone loves a good air conditioner. They do provide cool air, but they serve far more functions than we superficially realize.
1. Controlling temperature: Air conditioners are used to control ambient room temperature. Controlling ambient room temperature serves different purposes: Provide comfort cooling. Preserve process cooling (Manufacturing and production). Preserve natural items. Preserve pharmaceutical products and other temperature sensitive material by operating at precise environmental temperatures.
2. Providing ventilation: In open or sealed (pneumatic environments), air conditioners provide ventilation to cancel out stale air. This provides freshness and reduces mold and other fungal spores from generating in environment.
3. Humidification and Dehumidification: Air Conditioning Systems also serve to increase or reduce the amount of moisture in the air. Increased moisture can help to balance extremely dry air, or where moisture is needed for a specific production process. This applies inversely to dehumidification.
4. Providing filtration: Yes. Definitely. As humans, we shed hair and skin cells. Add microbes, dust, pollen and other materials to the environment, add air pollution especially in industrial, residential and metropolitan areas, add global warming and raised temperatures…….you really should look at your air conditioning system with new-fangled appreciation.
5. Indoor Air Quality. Air Conditioning Systems help to enhance air quality by enriching the environment with oxygen. Conversely, they can be used for reducing oxygen levels, in oxygen rich environments. This also serves as a deterrent for fire outbreaks.
Some of you might be thinking, these things are nice to know, but how does that really help me? Voila- understanding these basic functions helps you maintain your air-conditioning systems better. It is recommended that you clean your air-conditioning filters once in a month. The cleaner, your air-conditioning system is, it becomes more efficient it runs, reduces power consumption, and increases the lifespan of the unit. Whose pocket? Yours. You’re welcome *grin and wink*
We love to interact with you and receive feedbacks about how to better serve you! Thanks for being awesome!